• Remain calm. Move away from the snake to avoid sustaining further possible bites.
• If possible to do so safely, identify the snake, paying attention to coloration, size, skin pattern, and head shape.
• If possible, sit down and wait for help to arrive. Try to move as little as possible because venom spreads more rapidly if you walk fast or run.
• Remove rings, watches, bracelets.
• Go to the nearest hospital immediately. Doctors will decide if anti-venom or other treatments are needed.
• DO NOT cut or use ice on the wounds.
• DO NOT place a tight-fitting tourniquet around the affected arm or leg.